At the start of the year I decided to write down every good thing that happened throughout the year as they happened, and at the end of the year I would read every single good thing and blessing that happened during the year. And today is New Years Eve, so I want to share with you some of the blessings that God has given me.
*These blessings are not listed in any particular order…not even chronologically*
- I had an amazing experience at the SEEK 2013 conference
- Had the best confession of my life at the SEEK conference in January (great way to start off the New Year)
- I had my first adoration where I opened up COMPLETELY and FULLY to Jesus about everything
- I had an encounter with the Holy Spirit late at night after my first adoration. With this encounter I was finally able to realize the beauty I had on the outside and within me because I was made in His image and likeness
- I met some amazing and beautiful people at the SEEK conference. One person I met (Hannah) has become a good friend to me, and I am truly grateful to have her in my life. She truly radiates Christ.
- I lost my glove without realizing it and on my way to our school cafeteria I found it. I didn’t even know I lost it. lol
- The St. Joseph (my confirmation saint) medal on my necklace fell down the drain and my friend Maggie got me a new St. Joseph medal.
- I was blessed to meet Curtis Martin, Jason Evert, Chris Stefanick, two drummers from Matt Maher’s concert, Jackie Francois, and many other great people.
- I got to speak to Jackie Francois,,Jason Evert, and Curtis Martin
- I started my first counseling session in 2013 with the help of a good friend Christine Saah
- I met Maura Byrne and got to hear her speak at my school. I also got to talk to her, it was such a blessing.
- I got an on campus job at my school that I wanted…I didn’t think I would get the job
- I went to Amsterdam, Congo, Paris this Summer. But most importantly I got a chance to visit my family in Ghana after not seeing them for about 5 years…I missed them so much!
- I get to speak to cousins (who are like brother and sisters to me) who are in Ghana, almost every week, sometimes I speak to them everyday…unless its exam week
- During the Summer I got to go to Kansas City for a National competition for a non-profit organization/club I am involved in. While I was there with my teammates we got to eat at the best BBQ place in the U.S. according to many people.
- I got to be in the row of a Matt Maher Concert
- After the concert was over I found my phone and camera on the floor in tack…considering the fact the everyone include me was jumping up and down at the end of the concert. My phone and camera would have been crushed, but I was a very lucky girl that night.
- I got to attend a Kairos retreat. The retreat really opened my heart up and it taught me to trust God and the people he placed in my life. The retreat really gave me the push I needed in my spiritual journey. LT4
- A old childhood friend and now college roommate became my best friend! Love you girl!!!
- Became friends with some really incredible people this year…Christina, Aurea, Gina, and Christine. Love you guys!
- Meg became my FOCUS bible study leader. Having her as my bible study leader has really made an impact on me and my faith. I am truly thankful for Meg! Love you Meg, you are really the best.
- Got an internship offer for the summer with a world wide corporation. My dreams are finally coming true! One day I will be able to use my career success to make a difference in the world or at least someone’s life.
- Me and my mom mended our relationship. This makes me SO HAPPY!!
- Christina and I started an international project that will help those in need. I am so excited to continue this project. My heart smiles just thinking about it
- Having the opportunity to witness my friend grow in her faith and go through RCIA
Looking back on all the blessings God has given me this past year, I can say I am truly thankful especially since this past year has been filled with some heartbreaking events and tragedies. Its good to look back at all the God has done for me and the ones I love, its a good reminder that He is always working in our lives.